Unfortunately, this is a common call for service that we see at the police department, generally when it is too late. Check out the information below to help you avoid a scam
It may be a scam if:
- You are told someone you love is in trouble
- You are asked to pay in a way that is hard to trace
- You are told to lie and keep secrets
- You are told that you have a problem or won a prize
Tips to avoid a scam:
- Avoid unexpected calls
- Stay calm and avoid to be rushed
- Do not share private information
- Verify information independently
If in doubt, please call our non-emergency phone number (440-934-1234) to speak with a dispatcher or police officer.
Home and Business Security Checklist
These checklists can be used as a "do-it-yourself" guide to gauge the security of your property. If you are a business owner, and would like to schedule a survey, please email the head of the Special Operations Division, Lieutenant Keith Haag.