Chagrin Valley Engineering
The City of Avon contracts with Chagrin Valley Engineering Ltd.'s (CVE), a professional civil engineering firm, to serve as the City's Engineer.
- Infrastructure Management
- Road Maintenance, Rehabilitation & Reconstruction Programs
- Stormwater Modeling, Flood Studies, Collection and Management
- Sanitary Sewer Studies – Capacity, Maintenance, Operations and Management (CMOM)
- Sewer Studies, Rehabilitation and Replacement Projects
- Water System Analysis and Water Main Improvements
- Wastewater Treatment and Pumping System Designs
- Development Plan Reviews
- Supplemental Funding Grant Acquisition
- Regulatory Compliance
CVE reviews and prepares all correspondence and reports required by other governmental and regulatory agencies. They represent the City of Avon at all meetings and site investigations and correspond with residents and businesses. They prepare all necessary cost estimates, plans, specifications and bidding documents.
CVE serves as the construction manager on all municipal projects that they design. They are the vital link between contractors, residents and municipal representatives. This linkage accounts for items that are important to residents and municipal representatives, including construction disturbance, access to homes and businesses during construction, minimizing loss of trees and landscaping, and timely communication of construction progress.
CVE also provides plan review services. They ensure all proposed work, new development and reconstruction projects complies with all aspects of the municipal code. This plan review process protects the adjacent property owners and all municipal infrastructure.