The Mayor’s Court hears misdemeanor cases alleged to be in violation of the City’s Codified Ordinances. The Court DOES NOT hear the following cases:
- Second offense driving under the influence (DUI)
- Second offense DUI license suspension
- Financial responsibility (FRA) suspensions
- Domestic Violence cases
These cases and others may be transferred and heard in the Avon Lake Municipal Court.
Court Clerk’s Hours
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m.
- Defendants will be heard on a first-come, first-served basis
- Basic Rights (PDF)
- If the officer states that your appearance in Court is mandatory, even if the offense is on the waiverable list, you must appear in court on the designated date.
- All drivers must provide proof of insurance
- IF you were unable to provide proof of insurance when you received a citation you must enclose proof with your payment waiver
- Bring proof of insurance to your court appearance
- Proof of insurance that you provide must have that the vehicle that you were driving when you were cited
- Failure to provide proof of insurance will result in the suspension of your driving rights for a period of not less than 90 days through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- The Court accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover
- If your violation is a payable or waiverable violation, you may waive your right to appear in Mayor’s Court
- Sign the back of the ticket indicating you are pleading guilty
- Send in your payment to City Hall, 36080 Chester Road, Avon, OH 44011
- You can pay online
- You may also make payments in person between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Schedule of Fees:
- Request for Continuance $10
- Failure to Appear / Summons $10
- BMV (Forfeiture Notice) $20
- Payment Plan $20
- Warrant $50
- Application for Sealing Record $75
- Diversion $200
- NSF $50